Thigh-High Boots for A/W 17/18
I’ve been lusting after a pair of thigh-high boots for a while now and as luck would have it was very kindly gifted a pair of Black Long Stretch Sock Boots by Next. They only arrived earlier in the week and I’ve already got lots of wear out of them so it only felt fitting that my post today should be all about the thigh-length boots and the best ways to style them this season. I love how warm they keep my legs now that Autumn is in full force plus they can be dressed up or down in so many ways. This could well be my favourite versatile item for the season. Originally I was worried that an item priced so reasonably might not stay up on my thighs as I’ve seen some poor reviews of thigh-highs from a couple of brands but I’m so impressed with these Next beauties.
How To Style Your Thigh-High Boots
- For an everyday look wear your thigh-highs over a pair of skinny jeans with an oversized jumper.
- One of my favourite ways to style them is with a chunky knit dress.
- Make the look more casual by adding thick tights for the day, for evenings leave your legs bare – the boots keep your legs surprisingly warm.
- Chunky knits and pencil skirts with side splits look great teamed with thigh high boots.
- Play around with textures and fabrics, think knitwear, leather and lace.
- Go for all black for a chic look that won’t go out of style.
- Chunkier heels are perfect for more casual day wear. Opt for a stiletto in the evenings.
- Feeling brave? Red is very on trend right now so if you want to make a statement buy yours in this seasons hottest colour. Go for deeper reds in sueded textures and keep your outfit simple – all black, grey, navy or red. You don’t want to end up looking like Mary Horowitz.
Top Thigh-High Boot Picks
If you have Instagram it would make our day if you could follow us over there too! Or why not subscribe to our YouTube channel for our weekly uploads? (We are uploading twice a week throughout October)!