Whilst we were in Mykonos we visited Scorpios beach and browsed the Bazaar there. We fell in love with the Caravana clothing brand which is handcrafted from organic textiles by local artisans. The style gives off a laid back, bohemian vibe which exudes effortless cool and if our bank accounts had permitted it Lily and I would have quite happily bought one of everything. But of course an artisanal, handcrafted brand is bound to come with a hefty price tag! So for now we will just lust over their beautiful collections from afar. We were pleased to discover that whilst we didn’t walk away with any of their beautiful pieces on holiday there is hope for future travels as the brand is also sold on Net-A-Porter (better start saving now).
a socially unconventional person, especially one who is involved in the arts.
BOHEMIAN STYLE TIPS
- For an authentic bohemian vibe buy garments created by artisans – it may be more expensive but its always good to support small businesses and true craftsmanship. Why not pick up pieces from your travels?
- Not willing to spend £££’s on your outfits? No problem – there are loads of bohemian style maxis, kaftans and kimonos available on the high street.
- If you like patterns then you are in luck as embroidery has been such a huge trend this Summer so there are plenty of options for you right now.
- Not into prints? Go for something in plain black or an off white, you can add interest by accessorising with leather accents, heaps of bangles or some metallic hair rings.
- My personal favourite take on the trend is to wear pieces in organic fabrics with raw edges and fraying, stick to plain block colours and let the interesting fabrics do all the work.
- Kaftans, Kimonos or shredded maxi dresses are great items to wear over your swimwear but can also be dressed up and layered over clothing for everyday wear too.
- Finish off your look with strappy sandals or a pair of ankle boots.