I’m wearing: Zara TRF Playsuit (similar here).
The Polka Dot Trend
Much like a stripe the polka dot is another timeless, classic print that never goes out of fashion. It’s perfect if you are looking for something a little more feminine for Summer that isn’t a floral print. It’s incredibly versatile meaning you can wear it for every day or dress it up for the most formal of occasions. Seen on the runways of Dolce and Gabanna, Christian Dior and Marc by Marc Jacobs over the last few years this is a trend that keeps on cropping up time and time again. Gwen Stefani’s been rocking the polka dot since the 90’s and still looks just as good in it today! I for one am loving the polka dot trend and have already got a lot of wear from my Zara playsuit (sadly sold out online).
Here are my top tips for pulling off the polka dot trend this Summer:
- Opt for smaller dots to avoid looking like Mr Blobby or Minnie Mouse.
- Black or navy with a white spot print will always be on trend.
- For a vintage vibe go for a 1940’s inspired tea dress with a polka dot print.
- Complete the look by adding a statement red lip.
- For a casual but chic vibe go for a polka dot playsuit and a pair of brogues.
- Channel your inner pin-up girl with a printed wiggle dress, a pair of heels and winged eyeliner.
- A white floaty dress, skirt or shirt with a black dotty print gives it a grown up elegance.
- If you’re a ruffle kind of girl then mix two of this seasons biggest trends for a flamenco inspired vibe.
- Incorporate a polka dot bag or shoes to a monochrome outfit for a subtle pop of the print.