I’m sure we’ve all given statement tights a go at some point. I know I certainly have (does anyone remember Bebaroque?) I got a lot of wear out of some oversized red fishnets about 10 years ago and whilst I’m not going to opt for something quite so colourful this time around (I don’t know why I thought red ones were ever a good idea) I must admit that I’m still pretty partial to fishnets and I’m glad to see they’re making a comeback.
How To Wear Your Fishnet Tights
- For a casual every day look team your fishnets with a pair of ripped denim jeans, a basic T-shirt and blazer as shown above.
- If you don’t own ripped denim you can always buy a pair of fishnet socks to wear with your usual jeans or a smart pair of trousers to add a bit of interest to your outfit.
- For a dressy look why not pair with your favourite pencil skirt or culottes, a shirt and a cute pair of kitten heels like I did for our 28th Birthday meal.
- Rock up a floral summer dress with your oversized fishnets, biker boots and a leather jacket.
- Micro fishnets make for a more subtle look, perfect for wearing with a chic black dress.
- For a laid back vibe wear yours with an oversized jumper dress and a pair of converse.
- Want to inject some colour (no, not red!) there are actually some really nice subtle shades available such as pale pink, blue and grey.
- Just a little tip from someone who learnt the hard way – If you’re usually getting dressed in a hurry opt for fishnets with smaller holes. I’m pretty sure I put my foot through every hole whilst trying to get them on… Oh and make sure you remove anything that the fishnets might get hooked on… I may have got mine tangled on a zip and very nearly had to cut the things off.