Last year I predicted that the embroidery trend was set to be a big one and here it is in full force for Spring/Summer 17. I’m not usually one for big, bold prints or colour but when I saw this Zara mini dress I fell in love with the embroidery on it and thought it would be perfect to throw on over a bikini during my travels. This is a trend that can be embraced no matter what your age is and is so versatile! Admittedly this may seem like a passing fad and you may not want to splurge too much filling your wardrobe with embroideries but if you make sure you pick the right item you will definitely get the wear out of it. Avoid anything that seems too faddy such as jackets with big embroidered slogans which you totally wont want to be wearing in another years time.
How to wear embroidery
Pick the right embroidered item for you by following these simple tips:
- If you are going to accessorise with colour make sure you pick items in a hue that compliments the embroidery.
- If you are wearing an embroidered top or bottoms make sure you keep the rest of the outfit simple to avoid looking OTT.
- A floral embroidery will add a feminine touch to any outfit and is perfect for Spring/Summer 17!
- If you prefer your outfits to be more minimalistic you could always opt for an embroidered bag or shoes to add a statement without going for anything too in your face.
- For a bohemian look go for a delicate folk style embroidery, team with a pair of ankle boots and loose waves in your hair.
- Find the right garment for you, if you don’t feel comfortable in a dress there are some absolutely beautiful embroidered poplin shirts about right now.
- If you are off on holiday over the Summer why not invest in a beautiful embroidered coverup to wear poolside like this beautiful Savannah Kaftan from Ell and Cee.
Here are a selection of my favourite embroidered pieces.
What are your thoughts on this trend? Do you think it’s a passing fad or absolutely fab?