I’ve always loved a bit of gingham, as a child I remember wearing a little pink and white gingham shift dress to death and I’ve never tired of the checkered print. You may have already noticed in the shops that gingham is set to be a huge trend this Spring/Summer. If you are haunted with visions of looking like a cowgirl when you think of gingham then have no fear just follow my style tips below!
How To Style Gingham
- Rock up your look by adding a leather biker jacket (also very on trend right now) over your gingham summer dress and chuck on a pair of biker boots too.
- Unless you really do want to channel the cowgirl vibe then it’s best not to tie your shirt at the waist – leave that for fancy dress parties. The cowboy boots are probably a big no no too.
- You can’t go wrong with a monochrome look.
- However, if you would like to inject a bit of colour into your outfit – try a bold red lip, a statement bag or some striking shoes.
- For a casual dressed down look gingham looks great teamed with denim but my tip would be to wear the pattern on your bottom half with a denim shirt. Denim shorts with a gingham shirt could leave you looking more like Daisy Duke.
- A gingham pencil skirt can help create a retro 50’s vibe – add a pair of kitten heels and some winged eyeliner and you’re good to go.
How will you style your Gingham?