My background is in lingerie design so I always love to hear from new and exciting lingerie brands. A little while back I received an email introducing me to the gorgeous (and very affordable) lingerie, swimwear and activewear brand DORINA and was very kindly gifted a pair of their Sonia lace bralettes. If you are a smaller busted lady like myself then this is an item you can totally rock.
2017 is set to be the year of the Bralette and as the weather starts to get warmer you will see a lot more of them about – not just in the lingerie departments but sold as outerwear too. Yes thats right, those cute bralettes are about to get some serious exposure! If you aren’t sure how to incorporate yours into your everyday outfits here are my top styling tips:
How To Style Your Bralette
- Team a delicate lace bralette over a plain T-shirt.
- It doesn’t have to be lace. Go for silk or satin and style with a coordinating blazer and smart trousers as seen on the Runway of Victoria Beckham’s SS17 ready-to-wear collection.
- For a more subtle effect wear your bralette under your favourite shirt or blouse.
- If you have a sheer top then wearing a bralette in a matching colour rather than a boring T-shirt bra will help to create a much more stylish, fashion forward look.
- Wear a lace edged bralette under a simple cami to add more interest to an understated outfit.
- If you don’t feel comfortable with the underwear as outerwear trend thats totally fine, they are so comfortable that they can be worn under almost anything, your favourite chunky knit, your best evening dress or even to bed as an alternative to your usual pyjamas.
My top picks
If you don’t already own a bralette but want to give this Summers hottest trend a try then here are my favourite bralettes on the market right now.
How will you style yours?